Friday, March 24, 2017

Is there a such thing as Recipers Anonymous? :)

 I am going to run out of black ink in my printer at this rate! I never could figure out for years where I inherited my LOVE of collecting recipes, then a few months ago my Mom informed us that my aunt also loves to collect recipes....Now I know where I got it! I have been looking thru Pinterest for recipes to help with this diet & that is not a good idea for me. I printed out about a 1/2 inch high stack of recipes yesterday, now I just need to make sure I don't let them all go to waste. Wish me luck.

 We did try out a couple of new recipes yesterday, one was a flop one was pretty good but I need to fiddle with some of it a little more. The first we tried was for Roasted Chick Peas. It was pretty much a flop. I tried to use Ranch dip mix hoping they would taste like Cornuts, I was informed by Bubba that I wasn't even close!!!! I was not really impressed either. I think if I am going to try anything snacky with ranch on it I will go for Ranch "Crack" pretzels, at least I know we all like those.

 Next recipe we tried was for faux Wendy's Frostys. Seeing as Bubba doesn't care for the chocolate ones I decided to use vanilla protein mix in his instead of the cocoa & he loved it. I did one for PDC & I and added the vanilla protein mix along with the cocoa but I think I went a little overboard with the cocoa. PDC & I both like the chocolate Frosty but the one I made was a little too bitter, so back to the drawing board on that one. I wonder if they make a sugar free Nesquik? Here is the picture from Facebook that inspired our Frosty experiment. If you try your hand at it let me know what your results are. I am going to go look thru some recipes & see what our next experiment is going to be, I am thinking maybe Cloud Bread.



 Until next time stat scrappy! (P.S. The diet is working pretty well, I have lost 3 lbs!)





No comments:

Post a Comment